ER2Digit is the European Digital Innovation Hub of the Emilia-Romagna Region to promote the improvement of public services and the adoption of innovative digital solutions.
ER2Digit supports the digitalization of small and medium enterprises and public bodies through concrete tools, by providing the knowledge, skills and resources to improve their competitiveness in many sectors: health, construction, culture, tourism, monitoring of the territory and sustainability.
ER2Digit, Emilia-Romagna Digital Innovation Regional Ecosystem, is part of the European Digital Innovation Hub Network, the 136 partnerships funded by the Digital Europe programme of the European Commission.
A public partnership and an ecosystem to support the Hub
ER2Digit is the result of a partnership consisting of:
- ART-ER, which brings its experience in implementing the innovation practices of the Emilia-Romagna region and in coordinating the local ecosystem and the hub itself.
- LEPIDA, the main regional public player that supports the digitalization of the public bodies. It is an operational facility of the Emilia-Romagna Regional Authority for the development of telecommunications infrastructure, enabling services and applications, and a driver of the implementation and dissemination of Digital Agenda topics.
- CINECA, a Consortium composed of 115 Italian universities and public institutions, is the largest computing centre in Italy and one of the main ones worldwide. CINECA hosts and manages LEONARDO, the world’s fourth supercomputer, which provides 20% of Europe’s and 80% of Italy’s computational power.
For its activities, ER2Digit also uses the skills and research and experimentation capabilities of the industrial research Laboratories and of the Emilia-Romagna High Technology Network.
ER2Digit represents an opportunity for digital innovation and for the development of society and data economy. It is one of the first results of the regional strategy for the creation of the Emilia-Romagna Data Valley.
- Public Administrations
- Small and Medium Enterprises in the economic sectors that collaborate with the public (urban planning, social-health services, health, tourism, culture, environment and territory …)
Starting in summer 2023, the hub will offer a series of services through the launch of periodic Open Calls on the following typologies of service:
- TEST BEFORE INVEST: tests, experimentation and validation that include strategic support to the development of research and innovation, roadmap definition, access to infrastructure and digital equipment, and the organization of demonstration sessions and awareness events.
- DEVELOPMENT OF SKILLS AND TRAINING
through a range of different tools: courses for the development of advanced and specialized digital skills, topical workshops and on-site training.
- INVESTMENT RESEARCH
through access to public and private funding, innovation of company processes for the adoption of digital solutions, due diligence and assessment of risks and opportunities.
- INNOVATION ECOSYSTEM AND NETWORKING
through the organization of business match and brokerage events in collaboration with Enterprise Europe Network, technological scouting, partner search and a range of Open Innovation services.
SMEs and Public Administrations will be supported through a first-come, first-served basis, subject to availability of allocated resources. ER2Digit will also arrange a calendar of workshops, training courses, initiatives and events aimed at all the stakeholders.
ER2Digit services are free to all public bodies, while co-financing is provided for SMEs from the company’s share of state aid.